Monday, August 30, 2010

Vow for the August Moon

In addition to renewing my commitment to myself at the full moon. I've decided to try to form a new habit each month to see what happens.

One thing I've been concerned with recently is the amount of food we end up throwing away at home because it goes bad. I could just make the compromise and buy canned everything, but fresh meat and produce is so much more versatile and good for us.

I should be cooking almost every night anyway. There's no reason I should be letting anything go bad, especially since the theme of this blog is using what's at hand.

This all kind of fits with how I interpret the first of the Ten Grave Precepts (usually "do not kill") as concerning the not wasting or destroying of things.

So until the September Moon, I will do my best to not waste food at home. Hopefully by then it will be a habit and I can find something else to dedicate myself to.

No comments:

Post a Comment