Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saving All Beings

Who’s to say what’s impossible 

Well they forgot this world keeps spinning 

And with each new day

I can feel a change in everything 
 


And as the surface breaks reflections fade

But in some ways they remain the same

And as my mind begins to spread it’s wings 

There’s no stopping curiosity
 


I want to turn the whole thing upside down

I’ll find the things they say just can’t be found 

I’ll share this love I find with everyone 

We’ll sing and dance to mother nature’s songs

I don’t want this feeling to go away
 


Who’s to say I can’t do everything 

Well I can try, and as I roll along I begin to find 

Things aren’t always just what they seem 


I want to turn the whole thing upside down

I’ll find the things they say just can’t be found 

I’ll share this love I find with everyone 

We’ll sing and dance to mother nature’s songs
 

This world keeps spinning,

Well it all keeps spinning spinning 

Round and round and upside down
 

Who’s to say what’s impossible and can’t be found

I don’t want this feeling to go away
 


Please don’t go away

Please don’t go away

Please don’t go away
 


Is this how it’s supposed to be?

Is this how it’s supposed to be?
                                                    ""Upside Down" - Jack Johnson (click to hear)

This is one of my favorite songs ever.  These days it really describes how I feel about my practice.

I can't help how I feel.  Before it's been more about discovering things I knew nothing about.  Discovering things I never dreamed about that lie just around the corner.  It's what makes life livable for me, giving me purpose.  I can't help but try to pass it on to others in an attempt to spread my joy.

Recently this focus has shifted a little.  I've discovered some pretty crazy stuff that has changed my life, but hasn't really made it any different.  

"And as the surface breaks reflections fade/ But in some ways they remain the same."  In sitting, I have calmed the waters and seen with clarity. But they don't stay that way, as soon as I poke the reflection to test its veracity, the surface breaks.  The memory of what I've seen echoes, not as clear as the original and slowly fading, but persisting, none the less.

I see those suffering and I just want to pat them on the back and somehow let them know it's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment